Program: Children’s Developmental Services
Locations: Tacoma (TCC Campus)
Reporting Relationship: SLP Lead
Director Reports: N/A
FSLA: Professional Exempt
Salary: $60,000 - $74,800 DOE
HopeSparks culture creates a healthy work environment that fosters interdisciplinary collaboration and a supportive and professional atmosphere for all team members. This is an excellent opportunity to be an effective change agent in the healing process of children and families and be a part of a unique team of compassionate individuals.
Our ideal candidate will truly care about helping children and their parents overcome challenges. We seek someone who will provide quality physical therapy for infants and toddlers with special needs as well as training and support for their families and caregivers. It is important that this candidate applies knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to the age-related needs of our clients. This outpatient position requires flexibility and transportation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide services in families’ homes
• Provide services in childcare facilities
• Provide services in a variety of community settings throughout Pierce County
• Meet regularly with parents and caregivers
• Provide developmentally appropriate educational and therapeutic intervention
• Work directly with the child’s Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP)
• Coordinate closely with the child’s Family Resources Coordinator
• Coordinate with Early Intervention team
• Coordinate with any additional community medical and therapeutic professionals
Team Culture & Branding
• Contribute to support a positive agency and team culture
• Support positive interactions with colleagues
• Attend agency trainings and all Team meetings
• Master's in Speech Therapy with Washington State license required
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently
• Imagination and creativity
• Bi-lingual Spanish speaking a plus
• Must possess a positive attitude and friendly manner with strong verbal and written communication
• Ability to work collaboratively with parents, caregivers, and professionals.
• Intermediate level of computer skills: application knowledge in Word, Excel, and Google Calendar,
docs, and email
• First Aid, CPR, and BBP certification
To be determined; we have flexible work hours with the ability to set your own schedule if desired. A candidate must be somewhat flexible to accommodate the client’s schedule.
Any position offer will be contingent upon the results of a background investigation conducted by DSHS. A negative finding may disqualify an applicant from employment consideration.
HopeSparks offers full benefits to all team members working 30 or more hours per week. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, HSA, Life, Long Term Disability, 403b retirement. 9 paid holidays and generous PTO accrual. Soft Benefits: Mentorship, interdisciplinary collaboration, professional development opportunities, closure weeks (additional time off), flexible hours/schedule, continuing educations funds available.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to Juanita Kean, HR Director firstname.lastname@example.org. New graduates are encouraged to apply!
HopeSparks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any persons on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or status as a veteran.